Harderwijk, situated by the former Zuiderzee, is a city in which the commercial spirit is deeply rooted. Around the
Vischmarkt, you’ll find many restaurants and bars; it’s known as the city’s culinary square for a reason. In Harderwijk,
people know about good food. In addition to many fine restaurants, it also boasts two restaurants that have earned a
Michelin star. In addition, you’ll find many shops and concept stores offering a wide and varied range of products.
Harderwijk has a Dolphinarium where shows are performed and a hip beach bar that’s just a two-minute walk from
the city centre.
Half an hour’s drive from Harderwijk is the ‘Batavia Fashion Outlet’, which is definitely worth a visit. Nearby is a
reconstruction of a Dutch East India Company (VOC) ship Batavia and a museum. Here, you’ll be able to immerse
yourself in the world of historical shipbuilding.
Why Harderwijk is great for groups:
- Enter the old town and be surprised by the many terraces and good restaurants
- Visit ” The old-fashioned bakery ”, where bread is baked in the traditional way and where the famous ” Vischpoortjes ” come from!
- Visit the Marius van Dokkum museum located in one of the most beautiful buildings in Harderwijk
- The Dolphinarium is the largest marine mammal park in Europe
- From Harderwijk you can make a wonderful bike ride through the woods, along heathland and sand drifts, possibly with a guide
Would you like to visit Harderwijk? With this package you will see this beautiful city.
Tailor-made program? Send us an e-mail!