Deventer, Hanseatic city and city of cake, is situated on the banks of the IJssel. The old city centre is full of monuments
and historical attractions, such as the oldest stone house in the Netherlands, and the Collegiate Church from the twelfth
century. Symbolic of the city’s skyline is the Lebuïnuskerk, from the 15th-16thcentury, the most important church in the
Diocese of Utrecht during the Middle Ages. The Waag is one of the Netherlands’ oldest Weighing Houses, a lovely icon
of the city on the large and attractive city square known as the Brink.
Nowadays, Deventer is home to many entertaining events, such as ‘Deventer op stelten’ (Deventer on Stilts), the book
market, and the Dickens Festival in winter. These events also attract many visitors from abroad. A stay in Deventer is
very pleasant, partly thanks to more than 100 restaurants, coffee shops, lunch rooms, and bars.
This is why Deventer is worth a visit for groups:
- Visit and climb the Lebuinuskerk tower in the city centre! You’ll be rewarded with a beautiful view of the city and the IJssel Valley
- In the city centre, the DAVO City Brewery is located in a beautiful industrial building: enjoy a tasting with the brewer!
- Eating & dancing. Deventer is the perfect place for that because of the very wide range of excellent, welcoming restaurants. During the walking tour, the guide will tell you about the city’s many attractions
- Especially for ladies: a tour through the old Women’s prison where the costume workshop of the Dickens Festival is situated, visit the Charles Dickens cabinet, then enjoy a walk through the city and a delicious lunch in an English tearoom
- De Brink is the cosy square where many events take place
- Fooddock is an old grain silo where several Pop-Up restaurants are currently located
Would you like to visit Deventer? With this packages you will see this beautiful city.
Tailor-made program? Send us an e-mail!